Tuesday 18 November 2008

Martian madness...

I decided that my Martian wasn't scary enough, so I added a load of veins to his bulging head and took the opportunity to make a new plaster mould. This time, I didn't make a bollocks of it and managed to prise it apart without the use of a hammer...

Next, I made a rubber skin by filling each half of the mould up to the brim with liquid latex (to be precise, I built a sort of clay dam around the brim so that the latex would overfill the mould, thus allowing for better trimming and fitting later). By leaving it to sit for an hour or so (damn, I knew I should have timed it), a skin formed on the inside of the mould. The rest of the latex remained in its liquid state and was poured back into the bottle for another day. Here are the results:


Next stop: tentacles

1 comment:

Richard Svensson said...

This guy is shaping up nicely!